“A picture is worth a thousand words.” It’s no surprise as to why social networks like Instagram, Tumblr, and Pinterest have exploded in growth. Additionally, it makes perfect sense as to why Facebook often prioritizes images in it’s newsfeed algorithm over plain text posts. The key to the future of marketing lies in the combination of words and imagery. Internet memes, anyone?
According to the infographic below:
- Our brain processes images 60,000 times faster than text
- 90% of info transmitted to the brain is visual
- 70% of your sensory receptors are in your eyes
- 40% of people respond better to visuals
- People remember 80% of images, 20% of text, 10% of sound (no wonder that saying exists, in one ear and out the other!)
Creating compelling graphics combined with insightful information equals your key to a successful campaign. If you’re on a budget and can’t hire a graphic designer, create one yourself with apps such as PicLab.
The word/image combo as content has been prevalent all over the Internet for the past 2-3 years, and will only continue to grow. Data Visualization is huge, so make sure it’s part of your strategy.